Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Life Of A Media Photographer - Vanilla Ice



Yesterday I did a celebrity photo shoot with Vanilla Ice - Rob Van Winkle. He is involved in a new venture The Car Loft and will be at Supercar Weekend to market the venture.



It was an interesting experience and I had the whole scene set but unfortunately it didn't work out as planned but still worked okay. The gang and I met at Dr. Feelgoods in West Palm. Getting a car to the spot I wanted wasn't going to happen today so I needed to go for plan B.

I still got the shot but I had a backseat driver involved, Rob - Vanilla Ice. One time he took my camera from me and pointed out different angles I should shoot from. I told Rob, sounds great Rob I will try it but your next concert I am taking your Microphone from you and singing Ice, Ice Baby. He then mentioned I was on stage with him at the Hard Rock with the camera and we both laughed. Several shots later Rob was at it again, playing back seat driver and I basically said with a strong voice let me do my job that is what I am here for. There was silence and nothing else was said after that. After the shoot we all wished each other a Happy Valentine’s Day and I headed home.


Whatever the situation and whoever you are photographing what it comes down to is you are the photographer. You the photographer set up the shots and you need to be in control of the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment